San Marcos Academy is now accepting applications for a long term substitute in ESL.
Applicants must be available Monday-Friday from 7:45 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. when school is in session.
- Manage classroom behavior
- Execute lesson plans left by regular teacher
- Develop lesson plans (occasionally) in emergency situations
- Serve as advisor in place of teacher
- Model good decision making, behavior, and choice of dress
- Monitor student use of laptops with LanSchool
- Assist with other duties as assigned when not in a teaching situation
- Treat students with dignity, respect, and courtesy
- Stay current with grade-book, lesson plans, and support materials
- Observe policies, procedures, and directives from school administration
- Bachelorís Degree
- 24 College hours in the teaching discipline
- Teaching certification (preferred)
- Two years teaching experience (preferred)
- Ability to implement basic computer skills
- Substitutes will not be required to work during SMA holiday breaks (the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas break, spring break)
$100.00 per day
To be considered for an interview, an application must be submitted.
Social media such as LinkedIn and Facebook should not be used to respond to this job posting or
submit documents. Directions for obtaining and submitting an application follow:
An application may be accessed on the
Please print and complete this form and return to the Human Resources Department at the Academy.
You may return the form and any requested documents to the Academy in one of the following ways:
scan and email to
fax to 512-753-8031, mail to the address on the application, or deliver to the main reception desk on campus.