Applications for a Senior Instructor are now being accepted for the 2017-2018 school year.
The Army Instructor is responsible for the management of the JROTC unit at the school. This position is a
ten-month position that requires teaching, Monday-Friday in a college preparatory boarding school.
- Teach six (6) classes per day
- Effective classroom and behavior management skills
- Ability to work collegially with others
- Ability to implement basic computer skills and keep current with grade-book, lesson plans, and support materials
- Observe policies, procedures, and directives from school administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Serve as the senior instructor of the JROTC Unit
- Serve as a role model and mentor to students
- Be accepted by the U.S. Army to serve in this capacity
- Associates Degree (required, Bachelorís preferred)
- Have or complete DL JSOCC and JSOCC Certification and re-certification
- Attend annual JROTC training
- Class sizes are small
- Students are highly motivated
- Opportunity to work with international students
- Benefits are available (optional)
- Teaching schedule follows the school calendar for holidays
Determined by Department of Army (based on retirement pay and active duty pay as if still serving)
August 1, 2017
To be considered for an interview, an application must be submitted.
Social media such as LinkedIn and Facebook should not be used to respond to this job posting or
submit documents. Directions for obtaining and submitting and application follow:
An application may be accessed on the
Please print and complete this form and return to the Human Resources Department at the Academy.
You may return the form and any requested documents to the Academy in one of the following ways:
scan and email to
fax to 512-753-8031, mail to the address on the application, or deliver to the main reception desk on campus.